Gin Tama Manga List
A complete list of all English Releases of Gin Tama Manga Volumes by Hideaki Sorachi, published by Viz Media, along with links to buy on Amazon. Get best prices on Amazon, order your copy today!
It’s samurai vs. aliens!
The samurai didn’t stand a chance. First, the aliens invaded Japan. Next, they took all the jobs. And then they confiscated everyone’s swords. So what does a hotheaded former samurai like Gintoki “Gin” Sakata do to make ends meet? Take any odd job that comes his way, even if it means losing his dignity.
Gin Tama, Volume 1
Nobody with Naturally Wavy Hair Can Be That Bad
Sleazy alien moneylenders, monsters on the rampage, and a ticking time bomb may all be in a day’s work for Gin, but a drop in his blood sugar level means trouble for everyone!
Gin Tama, Volume 2
Fighting Should Be Done With Fists
Love is in the air! Gin helps an escaped convict make amends with his daughter, fights a duel with the love-struck chief of the secret police, and tracks down a dying man’s childhood sweetheart, who has seen better days…
Gin Tama, Volume 3
Gin’s “to do” list for this volume:
1. Pick a fight with those Shinsengumi losers
2. Throw out my old SHONEN JUMP magazines
3. Save Shinpachi and Kagara AGAIN
4. Take Kagura’s so-called dog for a walk
5. Protect the environment
Gin Tama, Volume 4
Exaggerate the Tales of Your Exploits by a Third, so Everyone Has a Good Time
Everyone desperately attempts to get some R & R this time! Our cute and invincible warrior Kagura spirits a genuine princess out of the confines of her castle to shop for candy, gamble her riches, and fish for kappa (water spirits)–all while dodging a troop of elite police. But rest looks to be in the stars when Kagura wins an outer-space trip for three. Unfortunately, her relaxing vacation with her pals is continually interrupted by dognappers, spaceship hijackers, and giant sand monsters. Fortunately, the Odd Jobs Trio returns home just in time for a soothing summer festival. Until…robots run amuck!
Gin Tama, Volume 5
Yoruzuya Trio Will Work for Food
1. Sea Monster extermination
2. Traveling exorcism
3. Convenience-store sitting/motorcycle gang thrashing
4. Rescuing kidnapping victims (willing and unwilling)
Pachinko, TV shopping, participating in shotgun weddings, and much much more!
Gin Tama, Volume 6
Some Things You Can’t Cut With A Sword
Yoruzuya Trio Hunting and Gathering List
1. Zombie bear with mysterious mushroom growing out of head (magic?)
2. Crab chock-full of food poisoning (yum!)
3. Hot nurse in hospital (where we wind up due to #2)
4. Goro, queen of the human-size cockroaches (no comment)
5. 100 ice cream mini-cups (yum!)
6. The truth behind a cult that purports to make your dreams a reality (dream on…)
Gin Tama, Volume 7
The Things You Care the Least About Are the Ones You Never Forget
Yoruzuya Hit List (Exploding
1. The Shinsegumi elite police and Gin (innocent bystander)
2. Chief Kondo and Gin’s new workplace (during their shift)
3. Human shields named Kondo, Yamazaki, and Gin
4. The special New Year’s issue of Shonen Jump magazine and Gin
5. Gin’s apartment (more than once)
6. Fireworks and…not Gin.
Gin Tama, Volume 8
Just Slug Your Daughter’s Boyfriend and Get It Over With
Do’s and Don’ts for Daddy-Daughter Day
1. Don’t let alien monsters grow exponentially by siphoning energy from space terminals and then eating your daughter
2. Do show your dad you’ve learned to use your abnormal strength to help others–not hurt them
3. Do respect your daughter’s planetary
preferences, especially when they’re submitted in writing
4. Don’t assassinate your daughter’s boyfriend
Gin Tama, Volume 9
Whatever You Play, Play to Win!
Gin’s Ho-Hum Weekend To-Do List
1. Stock up on paper napkins and stain remover.
2. Think of a good excuse not to buy Hasegawa a new shirt.
3. Find out what kind of monster would swipe my strawberry milk from the fridge.
4. Get tickets to the game at Edo Dome while it’s still standing.
5. Tell Shinpachi, Kondo and Matsudaira they’re buying if they want me to go for drinks with them.
Gin Tama, Volume 10
Even an Inch-long Insect Has a Soul
Gin’s “Five Things They Don’t Teach You in Samurai School” List
1. Gold can be found in the strangest places (not always up your nose).
2. Talking smack to a blind swordsman is NEVER a good idea.
3. Stomping on giant beetles the size of small cars is both messy and really dangerous.
4. When the scariest thing in your haunted house is one of your customers, just pack up and go home for the day.
5. Just because your date has cat ears doesn’t necessarily mean she’s an alien.
Gin Tama, Volume 11
The Sun Rises Again
Gin’s Surefire Dating Tips
1. Chicks with cat ears that you meet
online are always hiding something.
2. Riding with a cute girl on the back of
your scooter is cool (but watch out for
the rocket boost).
3. Never allow partially a blind ninja to
take care of your wounds (even if she
looks hot in a nurse’s uniform).
4. When getting involved in a coup
d’etat, remember to bring your
umbrella (what’s that got to do with
Gin Tama, Volume 12
The Longest Way Around Is the Shortest Way
Things I’ve Learned While Living with Gin (by Kagura)
1. Buildings get destroyed because they are in
2. If you’re going to stalk someone, watch out
3. People who say Santa doesn’t really exist
actually want to believe in him.
4. Some people (Shinpachi) are always the butt of the joke.
5. No matter what Gin says, ice cream is a great prize for winning a snowball fight, uh-huh!
Gin Tama, Vol. 13 (13)
After All, Your Enemy of Yesterday Is Still Your Enemy Today
Gin’s Street Fighting Lessons Learned (Top 5)
1. Frontal wedgies are extremely effective.
2. Girls hit a lot harder the more innocent
they look (unless they are alien gorillas).
3. Only morons start fights in the Ninja Bar.
Yeah, only morons…
4. Using a bazooka is cheating (but it sure
settles things quickly).
5. No one hits harder than Shinpachi’s
sister Otae when she’s riled.
Gin Tama, Vol. 14 (14)
Oh, Baby, You Make It Hurt So Good
A Song for Gin (by Sachan)
When you smash the dish that’s strapped to my head
You’re doing it for honor so it’s all okay
Sandpaper makes lousy toilet tissue (someone said)
You can use my picture (but you’re gonna pay)
Don’t fight for Otae (Shinpachi should)
Oh, baby, you make it hurt so gooood!
Gin Tama, Vol. 15 (15)
The Best Makeup for Women Is Their Smiles
Otae’s List of Burning Questions to Ask Gin
1. If Kondo marries a gorilla, does that mean his kids will be chimpanzees?
2. Which is better to use as body armor, shojo or shonen manga?
3. How do you get a horny robot dog off your leg?
4. If I become shogun and order you to kill yourself, will you do it?
5. How much hot pepper do you have to eat to make your hair get frizzy?
Gin Tama, Vol. 16 (16)
German Suplex Any Woman Who Asks, “Which Is More Important, Me or Your Work?”
Top 5 Things I’ll Change When I’m Shogun (by Shinpachi)
1. Mandatory driving classes for Shinsengumi officers
2. Unibrows for everyone!
3. Zero-tolerance policy for cheesy “hard-boiled” dialog
4. Lock up all the pervy architects
5. I get in free to speed-dating parties
Gin Tama, Vol. 17 (17)
Only One Hour of Video Games per Day
Gin’s Top 5 List of Things to Look For When Hiring a Maid
1. Alien robot head? Attached!
2. King-sized pooper scooper? Check!
3. Mad scientist to keep mechanical maid army running? Check!
4. Main battle tank gassed up? Check!
5. Extra-manly moustache? Check! What?!
Gin Tama, Vol. 18 (18)
Men, Be Dorks
Hasegawa’s Top 5 Reasons for Hating Valentine’s Day
1. Giant robot space women can’t appreciate your earthling sensibilities.
2. You may think your sweet wrestling moves are cool, but women just think you’re perverted.
3. Sometimes you wish girls would just fall out of the sky, but it sucks if they land on you!
4. Sure, some call it peeping, but I call it “admiring from a distance (through a telescope).”
5. If you give her chocolate, she’ll just get fat (and then fall out of the sky on you).
Gin Tama, Vol. 19 (19)
A Schemer Gets Caught in His Own Scheme
Top Five Things to Consider Before Joining the Shinsengumi
1. Your sword might be cursed by the vengeful spirit of an anime otaku.
2. Rivalries and betrayals may lead to a short and painful career.
3. No Shonen Jump manga allowed!
4. You’re a nobody unless you can afford the sword with the built-in MP3 player.
5. The black uniforms are killer on a hot summer day!
Gin Tama, Vol. 20 (20)
Summer Vacation Is Best Before It Actually Begins
Gin’s Advice for Improving Your Manga!
1. Blatantly rip off other Shonen Jump manga.
2. Make sure the gorilla (artist) gets lots of bananas.
3. Add lots of emotional death scenes and sappy dog funerals.
4. Make Yamazaki the main character.
5. Have plenty of nude beach scenes…with Shinpachi!
Gin Tama, Vol. 21 (21)
Shinpachi’s List of Things I Learned During My Summer Vacation
1. Never trust a guy in a turtle suit!
2. Sometimes the age to wisdom ratio isn’t what it should be.
3. If you want to see how a woman will age, look at her mother.
4. Whack-a-Mole is awesome.
5. Parents still don’t understand.
Gin Tama, Vol. 22 (22)
Kondo’s Guide to Excellent Leadership
1. Sometimes a stray dog is the most loyal dog.
2. Mind your manners when eating conveyor-belt sushi.
3. Always wash your hands after you do number one or number two.
4. Sometimes the biggest tool isn’t the one in the box.
5. Don’t lose track when counting sheep.
Gin Tama, Vol. 23 (23)
Gin’s Hot Spring Travel Tips
1. If it looks like a haunted mansion, it probably is
2. Ghosts like hot baths too
3. Skid marks on your briefs are unavoidable
4. Return your rented DVDs before you leave
5. When being chased by angry ghosts you only need to run faster than Shinpachi